MINIMUM WAGE 2022: HOW MUCH HAS THE GROSS AND NET MINIMUM WAGE BEEN?
The focus of people involved in working life is on receiving a minimum wage amount. The minimum wage is the lowest wage that workers can meet their requirements for. This means that the employer will not be able to pay below the minimum wage. The minimum wage amount is determined by the Minimum Wage Determination Commission every year. the minimum wage, which was raised by 50.54 percent in 2022, was effective as of January 1, 2022. How much has the gross and net minimum wage been? Detailed information about the minimum wage for the past years and the minimum wage rates for 2022 can be found in our content.
The minimum wage set by the Minimum Wage Determination Commission every year has been increased by 50.54 percent in 2022. The minimum wage, which is called the minimum wage, is the lowest payment that employers can give to their employees. The minimum wage, which is closely related to millions of people, means that an employee cannot be given the minimum wage, regardless of which business line he works in.
GROSS AND NET MINIMUM WAGE 2022
– Gross minimum wage: 5.004 TL
– Net minimum wage: TL 4,253
– The cost of the minimum wage to the employer: 5.879 TL
HOW MUCH WAS THE TURKİSH MINIMUM WAGE IN 2022?
In 2022, the minimum wage was raised by 50.54 percent. The minimum wage was announced as 4 thousand 253 TL while the gross wage was 5.004 TL.
The cost of the minimum wage to the employer was announced as 5 thousand 879 TL. AGI became 402 TL for a single person in 2022. For a married non-working wife and no children, it was AGI 481.5 TL, for a married non-working wife and 1 child, it was AGI 543 TL.
Starting from 2022, stamp duty and income tax on the minimum wage were abolished. With the abolition of these two taxes, the employer sector was saved from the additional burden of 450 TL.
MINIMUM WAGE RATES FOR PREVIOUS YEARS
Annual Gross Minimum Wage Net Minimum Wage
– 2015 1,273.50 TL 949 TL
– 2016 1.647,00 TL 1.300 TL
– 2017 1.777,50 TL 1.404 TL
– 2018 2.029,50 TL 1.603 TL
– 2019 2.558,40 TL 2.020 TL
– 2020 2.943 TL 2.324 TL
– 2021 3.577,50 TL 2.825,90 TL
– 2022 5.004 TL 4.253 TL
HOURLY EQUIVALENT OF THE MINIMUM WAGE
Annual Gross Wage TL
– 2022 22.24
– 2021 15,90
– 2020 13.08
– 2019 11.37
– 2018 9.02
– 2017 7.90
– 2016 7.32
MINIMUM WAGE DAILY EARNINGS TL
The daily amount of the minimum wage in 2022 was 166.80 TL.
THE NET ACCOUNT OF THE MINIMUM WAGE AND ITS COST TO TURKEY EMPLOYER
Calculation of the net minimum wage (TL / Month)
– Minimum Wage: 5.004,00 TL
– SSI Premium 14%: 700.56 TL
– Unemployment Sig. Premium 1%: 50,04 TL
– Total Deductions: 750,60 TL
Net Minimum Wage: 4,253.4 TL
COST TO THE EMPLOYER (TL / MONTH)
– Minimum wage: 5.004,00 TL
– SSI Premium 15.5% (Employer’s Share) (*): 775.62 TL
– Employer Unemployment Insurance Premium 2%: 100.08 TL
Total Cost to the Employer : 5,879.70 TL
HOW TO DETERMINE THE MINIMUM WAGE İN TURKEY?
The basic principles for the minimum wage are defined in the Minimum Wage Regulation published in the Official Gazette dated 01.08.2004 and Numbered 25540. In this regulation;
– Purpose, Scope, Basis and Definitions
– Principles and Principles of Determining the Fee
– Establishment, Duty, Authority and Responsibility of the Commission
– The Validity of the Wage, The Responsibility of the Employer, the Qualifications Required for Employee and – Employer Representatives
– All the details about the minimum wage are given in the titles.
WHO SETS THE TURKISH MINIMUM WAGE RATE?
The minimum wage is determined by the Minimum Wage Commission. The Commission meets every year and determines the minimum wage amount for the next year within the framework of certain criteria. The Minimum Wage Commission is chaired by one of the members to be determined by the Turkish Ministry of Labor and Social Security;
– Director General of Labor or deputy Director General of the Ministry of Labor and Social Security,
– General Director or deputy Director of Occupational Health and Safety of the Ministry of Labor and Social Security,
– Head or deputy Head of the Department of Economic Statistics of the State Statistical Institute, (Department of Labor, Services, Price Statistics and Indices)
– Representative of the Undersecretariat of Treasury,
– The head of the department related to the issue from the Undersecretariat of the State Planning Organization or an official authorized by it,
– The five representatives that the top labor organization, which has the most workers in its structure, will choose for different lines of work,
It is established from five representatives that the employer organization, which has the most employers in its structure, will choose for different lines of work.
There is no clear date for when the Commission will convene. At the call of the ministry, the commission meets with the participation of at least ten members. Voting is conducted on a majority basis. If an equal number of votes are cast for two different options, the option voted for by the chairman of the commission is accepted.
The decision of the Commission on the determination of the fee is final. However, it is imperative that this decision be based on the information and documents collected.